Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT) Program
Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT) combines both medication and therapy to address substance use disorders.
Valley Health offers comprehensive MAT programs at the Hurricane and Highlawn health center. Participants in these programs are prescribed maintenance therapy medication, FDA approved to treat opioid dependence or alcohol dependence, professional therapy services, and advocacy. All patients are individually assessed to determine the most appropriate plan of care including medication type and dosage.
Valley Health also operates a Vivitrol program for opioid dependence at our 10th street location. Therapy services are provided by partnering community agencies.
It is the mission of the providers within Valley Health’s MAT program to provide the highest quality in addiction services to those willing to seek treatment and pursue and improved quality of life.
We value honesty in determining the need for and during the provision of treatment. We believe every person should be respected and treated with dignity. We value and believe in the possibilities of hope and hard work.
Potential participants must undergo a screening process designed to help the treatment team assess the needs of each individual. For a full list of requirements, please contact our Hurricane or Highlawn health centers.
- All potential participants will be scheduled for a mental health assessment with a licensed behavioral health provider and an initial assessment with a program physician or physician extender. Initial assessments will include a physical exam and laboratory screenings.
- Once admitted, participants are required to engage in weekly group therapy and medication management and biweekly individual therapy for the first 12 months of treatment.
- If deemed appropriate, at a minimum of 12 months, participants may be eligible to move to a different phase where medication management and therapy sessions occur less frequently.
- Valley Health – Highlawn, Standard Medication-Assisted Treatment & Maternal Care Program (MAT for pregnant and postpartum individuals) – 304.781.5138
- Valley Health – Hurricane, Standard Medication-Assisted Treatment – 304.760.6040
- Valley Health – 10th Street, Vivitrol Program for Opioid Dependence – 304.399.3366