Valley Health is lead by an executive team that works directly with a Board of Directors and Quality Assurance (QA) Committee.
- Steve L. Shattls, MPA – Executive Director/CEO
- Herb Myers, DO – Medical Director
- Josh Hammonds, BA – CIO
- Richard Weinberger, CPA – CFO
- Mathew Weimer, MD – Deputy Director of Quality and Administrative Affairs
- Karen “KVM” Villanueva-Matkovich – Special Assistant to the CEO/CSO
Board of Directors
Valley Health’s board performs an annual evaluation and Valley also undergoes an independent audit each year, under Circular a-133. As such, Valley’s operational systems, fiscal viability and internal controls over these systems are evaluated by outside auditors.
- Greg Agee – Operations Manager, Colonial Food Service Equipment
- Charles Carroll – Community Advocate, Special Populations
- Ben Howard – Retired Personal Banker & Investment Representative, Huntington Bank
- Jill Hutchinson – Retired Consultant for Medical Malpractice Issues, Community Health Centers & Former CEO WV Primary Care Assoc.
- Bill Marcum – Retired Coal Executive, KY Coal Association @ Massey Coal
- Cokey Muth – Retired Operating Room RN, Cabell Huntington Hospital
- Sherry Perry – Co-Director, Eastern Cabell County Humanities Organization, Inc.
- Ken Santmyer – District Manager, Gino’s Pizza & Spaghetti House, Inc.
- Jeff Stevens – Attorney, Offices of Walker and Stevens
Quality Assurance (QA) Committee
The QA Committee, comprised of medical providers, has been monitoring clinical measures since 1994. Patient satisfaction is also done on an annual basis by written and phone survey.