Valley Health is lead by an executive team that works directly with a Board of Directors and Quality Assurance (QA) Committee.
- Steven L. Shattls, MPA – President & CEO
- Mathew Weimer, MD – Vice President of Health Services & Chief Medical Officer
- Mary-Beth Brubeck – Vice President of Finance & Chief Financial Officer
- Brett Wellman, FNP-C – Chief Quality Officer & Associate Operations Officer
- Debbie Zuberbuehler, RN – Chief Nursing Officer & Associate Operations Officer
- Rachel Merino, MS – Chief Transformation Officer & Associate Operations Officer
- Rick Davis – Chief Human Resources & Corporate Affairs Officer
Board of Directors
Valley Health’s board performs an annual evaluation and Valley also undergoes an independent audit each year, under Circular a-133. As such, Valley’s operational systems, fiscal viability and internal controls over these systems are evaluated by outside auditors.
- Jill Hutchinson, Chair – Retired Consultant for Medical Malpractice Issues, Community Health Centers & Former CEO WV Primary Care Association
- Greg Agee, Vice Chair – Operations Manager, Food Service Industry
- Ben Howard, Treasurer – Retired Personal Banker & Investment Representative, Huntington Bank
- Sherry Perry, Secretary – Co-Director, Eastern Cabell County Humanities Organization, Inc.
- Bill Bryant, At-Large – Retired Principal, Ferrellsburg Elementary
- Cokey Muth – Retired Operating Room RN, Cabell Huntington Hospital
- Jared Colker – President, W.Va. Electric Supply Company
- Paulette Mabry – Retired Consultant
- Whitney Trowbridge – Former Retail Manager/Marketing Specialist
- Suzi Brodof – Executive Director, River Valley Child Development Services
- Sherrone Hornbuckle – Assistant Prosecuting Attorney, Cabell County
- Christina Walters – Community Advocate, Special Populations
Interested in joining our Board? Board of Directors Application
Quality Assurance (QA) Committee
The QA Committee, comprised of medical providers, has been monitoring clinical measures since 1994. Patient satisfaction is also done on an annual basis by written and phone survey.