Facial Plastic Surgery
Facial Plastic Surgery includes reconstructive surgery and cosmetic surgery of the structures of the head, neck and face.
Type of Surgeries
- Rhinoplasty is surgery that changes the shape of the nose. It can involve the removal of excess tissue such as a hump, the addition of tissue to correct a deficiency such as “ski slope” nose or straightening a crooked nose. A rhinoplasty can lead to a more pleasing appearance to the face in addition to correcting deformities due to injury or illness.
- Blepharoplasty involves the removal of excess skin and fat from the upper and/or lower eyelids. While this surgery is often done to give a more youthful appearance, it is also performed to improve a person’’s field of vision. Often the excess skin of the upper eyelids can form a “hood” over the eye and obscure vision. The removal of this extra skin opens the eye up allowing for improved sight.
- Otoplasty corrects the shape of the ears and their position on the head. Often the ears protrude too far from the head or are misshapen due to congenital malformations or trauma. This can be done as an adult or as a child.
- Medical and Surgical Treatment of Skin Cancer
- Surgical Treatment for Facial Paralysis
Reconstructive surgical techniques are employed in the head and neck to repair defects caused by cancers, trauma or viral and bacterial diseases. These techniques help to restore the normal or near normal form and function to the involved areas of the face, head and neck.
At Valley Health – Ear, Nose and Throat, we are able to offer all of the above, as all of our surgeons are trained and certified in these procedures and techniques.
Find a Valley Health Location Near You
We have 30+ locations to better serve you in your town.