Welcome to Valley Health Recovery Services. Our dedicated team is committed to providing comprehensive and compassionate recovery services for individuals seeking support on their journey to overcome addiction. We understand that each person’s path to recovery is unique, and we are here to walk alongside you every step of the way.
Valley Health offers comprehensive addiction treatment and recovery services at the Hurricane and Highlawn health centers. Our providers assess each patient individually and develop the most appropriate plan of care to achieve their recovery goals.
Recovery Services include:
- Same-day appointments to begin treatment
- Assessment and referral
- Medication-Assisted Treatment for Opioid and alcohol use disorders
- Individual and group psychotherapy
- Case management
- Peer recovery coaching
- Maternal Care Program for pregnant and parenting women
Valley Health’s mission is to provide the highest quality recovery services to those seeking outpatient treatment and pursuing an improved quality of life. We support patients throughout all stages of their recovery process by using a holistic treatment team approach. The treatment team includes medical providers, therapy providers, Patient Advocates, and a Peer Recovery Support Specialist. We believe every person should be respected and treated with dignity and compassion. We value the possibilities of hope, honesty, and hard work.
Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT) is an evidence-based treatment that combines both medication and therapy to address substance use disorders.
Participants in these programs are prescribed maintenance therapy medication(s) that are FDA approved to treat opioid dependence or alcohol dependence, in combination with regularly scheduled professional therapy services and access to the other ancillary support services that we provide. Our providers assess each individual and determine the most appropriate care plan, including medication type, dosage, and frequency of services.
Valley Health also operates a Vivitrol program for opioid dependence at our 10th Street location. We partner with community agencies to provide therapy services. At our Highlawn health center, Valley Health partners with the WV Perinatal Partnership and other community organizations to provide comprehensive recovery support tailored to the unique needs of pregnant and postpartum women living with substance use disorder(s).
What to expect when beginning treatment
Potential participants must undergo a screening process designed to help the treatment team assess the needs of each individual. For more information regarding this process, please get in touch with our Hurricane or Highlawn health centers.
- All potential participants will be scheduled for a mental health assessment with a licensed behavioral health provider and, if applicable, an initial evaluation with a program physician or physician extender to discuss medication. The initial medical assessment will include a physical exam and laboratory screenings.
- Patients will meet with a Patient Advocate to discuss factors or challenges impacting their treatment, such as work schedule or transportation barriers. The Patient Advocate will work with the patient to identify solutions and refer to resources as needed.
- Once a treatment plan is determined, participants may be required to engage in a combination of weekly medication management and therapy appointments, including group and individual therapies. Some services offered may be conducted via telehealth if appropriate.
- Once stabilized, patients may be eligible to reduce the frequency of appointments that they are required to attend.
Why Choose Valley Health Recovery Services?
- Holistic Approach: We embrace a holistic approach to recovery, addressing the physical, mental, social and emotional aspects of addiction. Our programs are designed to support your overall well-being.
- Experienced Team: Our team of professionals, including addiction specialists, counselors, and support staff, brings years of experience and expertise in the field of addiction treatment and recovery support. Trust us for compassionate and understanding care.
- Customized Treatment Plans: Recognizing that each individual’s journey is different, we create personalized treatment plans tailored to your unique needs, challenges, and goals.
- Supportive Environment: Recovery is a collaborative process, and our supportive and non-judgmental environment is designed to encourage growth, resilience, and a sense of community.
Our Recovery Services Include:
1. Outpatient Counseling: Receive individual or group counseling sessions to address the root causes of addiction, develop coping strategies, and foster a supportive network.
2. Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT): For individuals struggling with opioid and/or alcohol use disorders, our MAT programs incorporate medications along with counseling and support services to promote recovery.
3. Personalized Care and Case Management: We want you to be successful. By creating an individualized treatment plan, we can provide the level of support that you need to reach your goals. We will help you navigate life’s challenges so you can focus on recovery.
4. Aftercare and Relapse Prevention: We understand that recovery is not linear. Aftercare and relapse prevention strategies provide ongoing support as you focus on healing.
5. Family-Centered Treatment: Addiction affects not only the individual but also their loved ones. We offer therapeutic services that aim to strengthen relationships and provide support to families living with addiction.
6. Maternal Care Program: Pregnant and parenting women who are living with addiction face unique challenges that requires equally unique support. We are here to prepare you for delivery and beyond.
7. Peer Recovery Support: We believe in learning from those with lived experience. Gain valuable insight in individual and group sessions with a certified Peer Recovery Support Specialist who understands.
8. Flexible Treatment Options: Because life looks different for everyone, many of our services can be accessed in the evenings or by telehealth.
Are you ready to take the first step towards your recovery journey? You can contact Valley Health Recovery Services today to learn more about our programs, schedule a consultation, or discuss your unique needs. We welcome walk-ins, too! You can begin your journey toward healing and renewed hope right here.