Given the impact, education has on the post-secondary opportunities available to those interested, Valley Health Systems is offering a one-time post-secondary scholarship (up to $5,000) to individuals pursuing a career in medicine, health sciences, or health administration who self-identify as a member of a minority group.
1) Applicant consideration is given to those who have received care from a Valley Health provider within the past 12 months (is not an absolute eligibility requirement).
2) Applicant must be enrolled, or in the process of becoming enrolled, in a post-secondary program or institution that offers degrees or certifications in the medical/nursing, health sciences, or health administrative fields.
3) Applicant must describe future career goals and the potential positive impact attaining these goals could have on the applicant’s family and community.
4) Applicant must self-identify as a member of a minority/racial/ethnical group (e.g., Black/African-American, Latinx, Asian-American, Indian-American, Native/Indigenous American)
APPLICATION DEADLINE & REQUIREMENTS
Completed Applications must be submitted by March 31, 2024.
- Be sure all contact information is accurate and updated. Incorrect contact information will significantly delay the processing of your scholarship application.
- False information will remove your application from consideration.
- To ensure your application receives the highest possible consideration, please proofread it very carefully for typographical and grammatical errors before submission.
The following must be submitted along with your application for it to be considered “complete”. All documents should be dropped in the Document Uploader below.
- One (1) reference letter. Reference letters can be provided by school administration or personal contact but should include relation to the applicant.
- Confirmation of current school enrollment status or confirmation of home-school status from the county school board office.
- A copy of the post-secondary acceptance letter (if available).
- A copy of the Grade Transcript with evidence of GPA reflecting academic achievement in school
- Please write short statements on the following in one (1) document:
- Personal Statement: Please state your reasons for pursuing a healthcare-related career, including any individual or event that influenced your decision.
- Healthcare-Related Experience: Please include any significant healthcare-related experiences that have inspired you to earn a degree in the field.
- Career Goals: Please describe your healthcare career goals and plans to achieve them. Be sure to include how your goals will improve the lives of your family, friends, and community.
- Additional Information: Is there anything else you would like us to know about you?
Submit Information by Mail or Email:
Valley Health Systems, Inc.
5636 Us Route 60, Suite 1B Huntington, WV 25705
Email all information to: [email protected]